Win a Free Picnic Catering to Top Off Your Summer!
The summer of 2020 has been like no other in recent memory. Right now it’s particularly harsh with the wildfires causing tragedies, evacuations and poor air quality. This month would have been filled with the music and energy of Outside Lands, Stern Grove and so many other activities that have had to be cancelled. It can be incredibly challenging to remain positive under these circumstances.
I know in our own home we have to often consciously reset our moods as we feel the strain of working or schooling from home, a lack of the usual social activities, stress and sadness for the restaurant industry as we hear of peers closing down and of course the ever looming health fears, none of which is helped with the current political climate.
The reset is becoming increasingly important and at more frequent intervals. For me, Gratitude is the quickest way to reset and instantly puts you back in a better frame of mind. But social contact and the outdoors definitely offers an emotional boost to keep anger and depression at bay.
I’ve put together my personal list of safe but fun outdoor activities:
- Walks all around our beautiful city. Up and down any SF hill looking at the stunning plants.
- Tennis – If you can get a court these days!
- Dinners at restaurants with outdoor dining. We’ve decided in our family to frequent a new restaurant every week and enjoy the entrepreneurship of SF and it’s wonderful food. This week’s find was Pearl 6101 for us, and the atmosphere was so cute with the string lights.
- Outdoor Yoga – There is plenty of beach yoga to checkout that I’m excited about as I’m really missing my usual Yogatree in the Castro.
- Drive-thru movies – This weekend, I watched 3 movies back to back whilst sitting in the trunk of my SUV and couldn’t have felt happier for those 6 hours (even though I slept through the last movie that ended at 2am)
- Picnics – Pick up takeout from your favorite restaurant, take it to enjoy at any one of our wonderful parks or beaches and TALK to extended family and friends, play cards, throw a football around and de-stress. This is why we have created Kasa’s picnic platters as we understand the importance of safely getting together to keep ourselves healthy and sane! The platters are all ready for a picnic outing, so all you have to do is enjoy yourself, nature and those you care for.
Take care and until next time. Stay safe and positive.
Win a Free Picnic Catering!
*Please note that we only want to encourage small gatherings that are done in a safe, responsible and social distance friendly manner. We strongly recommend you check with your county guidelines on small outdoor gatherings. For example, San Francisco guidelines state a maximum of 12 persons can gather outdoors for an event if they are all not from the same household.